There is nothing quite like using your smart phone to control your smart home. As more and more home technologies are coming on line, your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are not being left behind. Team Electric Plumbing & Air want to help you stay upfront when it comes to any technology dealing with your HVAC. Here are five must have gadgets for 2017.
1. Nest Learning Thermostat: Have you ever hopped into bed, only to realize that you forgot to adjust the temperature in your home for the night? If you have a programmable thermostat, you still have to deal with the drudgery of setting the times and temperatures with tiny buttons and controls. Your thermostat troubles are history with the Nest Learning Thermostat. Once installed, you alter the temperature for a few days until the Nest learns your heating and cooling behaviors. If you leave on vacation and forget to change your thermostat, no worries, you can use your smart phone.
2. Ecovent Heating and Cooling System: Imagine being able to set each room in your home to a different temperature. If the idea sounds like an extensive remodel, think again. Ecovent’s heating and cooling system uses your current forced air system. Using sensors and new vents, the Ecovent allows you to control the temperature separately in each individual room of your home. It works wirelessly and you can use your smart phone to adjust the temperature.
3. Frigidaire 70 Pint Capacity Dehumidifier: When you live in New Jersey, humidity is something that you will always have to deal with; however, the Frigidaire 70 pint capacity dehumidifier makes your home a refuge from humidity. Reducing the humidity in your air will reduce mold growth and make your home smell fresh. The Frigidaire comes with an easy clean filter and a continuous drain option in case you don’t want to empty any tanks. These options are why the Frigidaire was ranked number first last year.
4. Airmega Smart Air Purifier: You have probably heard all about in-door air quality concerns, but have you ever wanted to know what the air is like in your home? The Airmega Smart Air Purifier not only cleans the air in your home, but it also tracks the pollutants and shows how they change over time. With the Airmega you will know exactly what is going on with the air in your home. It also connects to your smart phone, which allows you get all of the data and know when the filters need to be cleaned.
5. Intermatic Compressor Defender: Power surges and brownouts in New Jersey can cause problems for all of your electronics. Have you ever wondered what they would do to your central air system? The Intermatic Compressor Defender uses autosense voltage technology to protect your air conditioner from being damaged by changes in the electrical grid. Once the small Intermatic Compressor Defender is installed inside of your existing central air unit, your worries will be gone.