It’s time that time of the year when you have to start thinking about your heating system in New Jersey and what you can do to help cut your monthly energy costs and improve your house’s efficiency. Preventative maintenance ensures your equipment is operating safely and also saves money by maximizing efficiency and minimizing costly breakdowns.
We all like to save a little extra money, and Team Electric, Plumbing & Air offers an annual heating and air maintenance to make sure that your heating system outlasts the freezing New Jersey temperatures.
Team Electric’s Annual Heating Tune Up
Heating systems experience and can be prone to wear and tear, just like any other mechanical system. They need to be regularly inspected and kept up on to avoid breakdowns. If one part of your heating system fails, you could face several days without heat!
Here’s Team Electric’s annual 18 point inspection and tune-up overview. This give a general idea to how many pieces of the heating system must work together to create the warm air that circulates your home or office.
- – Clean or replace air filters
- – Check and clean burners
- – Inspect and clean pilot assembly
- – Clean manifold and burner tray area
- – Inspect blower wheel for cleanliness
- – Lubricate blower motor as necessary
- – Inspect the air passages of open motors, clean
- – Check diverter box and vent systems
- – Visually inspect heat exchanger, vacuum clean if accessible
- – Clean and vacuum furnace cabinet
- – Inspect furnace electrical and wiring
- – Check CO level
- – Check thermostat
- – Start and test furnace (by thermostat)
- – Check temperature rise
- – Check operation of safety controls
- – Check burner combustion
- – Check for proper combustion air
Note: This report reflects the condition of the above-described equipment/system at the time of inspection only and does not represent any guarantee(s) of any type.
If your heating system has been unused for several months, or if it has even been over a year since it was last serviced, let the professionals at Team Electric service it so that you don’t have to face breakdowns and money loss. When New Jersey’s winter chill comes, you’ll be thankful you did!
Make sure to ask us about our service plans to learn more about how we can help you keep your heating, air conditioning and plumbing up to date and working properly. We can accommodate you with your choice of our silver, gold, or platinum service plan. Visit our service agreement to learn more! Call today at 732-201-3305.